PLEASE NOTE: We are receiving a higher-than-normal volume of first turkey certificate requests. While we are thrilled so many hunters have been able to harvest their first turkey, it is causing some delays in our ability to process each request and slightly longer wait times for certificates. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for contributing to conservation in Washington state.
Register Your Turkey
Send us your first turkey harvest information and receive and official WDFW First Turkey Certificate.
Once you receive your certificate, you also have the option of registering your turkey with the National Wild Turkey Federation (NWTF) Washington State Chapter to receive an official First Turkey pin.
First turkey certificate requirements:
Get your NWTF First Turkey pin
- Call the Washington State Chapter of NWTF to complete and submit record forms. Washington State Chapter, NWTF, Rich Reathaford: (509) 279-2030
- When registering your First Turkey in the Washington State NWTF records, provide a copy of your WDFW First Turkey certificate.
- NWTF will send your First Turkey pin.
Washington Turkey Slam
Are you a seasoned turkey hunter looking for a challenge? Harvest all tree turkey subspecies to participate in the Washington Slam!
If you complete the Washington Slam you will receive a brass pin courtesy of the Washington Chapter of the National Wild Turkey Federation (NWTF). There are two Washington Slam pins you can achieve:
Single Season pin: Harvest all three subspecies within one turkey season
Multiple Season pin: Harvest all three subspecies over multiple seasons
Get your multiple or single season Washington Slam pin
- Report your harvest online at fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov or by calling toll free 1-877-945-3492
- Contact the Washington State Chapter of NWTF to register your harvest. Washington State Chapter, NWTF, Rich Reathaford: (509) 279-2030
Turkey subspecies are defined by county of harvest:
- Eastern: Clark, Clallam Lewis, Cowlitz, Grays Harbor, Island, Jefferson, King, Kitsap, Mason, Pacific, Pierce, San Juan, Snohomish, Skagit, Thurston, Whatcom
- Merriam’s: Chelan, Ferry, Klickitat, Okanogan, Pend Oreille, Skamania, Spokane, Stevens, Yakima
- Rio Grande: Adams, Asotin, Benton, Columbia, Douglas, Franklin, Garfield, Grant, Lincoln, Walla Walla, Whitman
We want to see your photos of you and your certificate! Be sure to tag us on social media: @thewdfw #wildwashington #wafirstturkey #waturkeyslam